Wednesday, December 3, 2008





Ah, the wonderful ritual of making the turkey.  Matt and I searched the internet, asked veteran turkey makers, and read several texts on making the perfect turkey.  First we brined the turkey.  Then we marinated the turkey with butter and fresh herbs. And last we got up at 5:30 to bake the blessed bird.  And I have to say, it was delish!!!!!  Clayton and Carson helped make the cranberry relish wednesday.  Yes, I gave them knives, but they were champs.  It was a great day and having most of our family there was wonderful.  My sis-in-law made the best salad from Southern living.  It had blue-cheese cakes crumbled into the salad.  I ate that first, before the stuffing.   I am now putting up my fall fun and getting down the christmas goodies.  I hope I can enjoy December.  It all seems to go so fast.  It is my wish that you all have a slow and enjoyable holiday season.  Remember to savor every moment.  

6 comments:

ko said...

GREAT JOB ALICE! :)

Lori of I'm no super Mom said...

Looks wonderful!

Lacy said...

I love how you made it so nice for your kids too!

Matt was pretty proud that the turkey turned out good!:)

Sada said...

Yummy!! Good job Alice! Carson so looks like an older version of Landon!! Handsome!! xoxo see you soon!

Janet said...

So fun to catch up with you!

Sada said...

Girl -- just noticed your new picture -- so hot!! You are so cute!!