Thursday, May 15, 2008

Baker wannabe

O.K. I am going to let you all in on a little secret. I love to bake. The biggest problem is that I am absolutely- well, an average baker. I have dreams of opening a tearoom with homemade scones, chicken salad sandwiches, pies, cakes, well you get the picture. The problem is i don't have knowledge of baking skills needed. So I am going to live through the amazing bakers that I know of and have found on the web. This is one of my favorite baking websites. http://www.cookiemadness.net/ I love looking at the pictures. Dreaming fondly that all my cookies turn out as pretty. Not the flat half-burnt ones in my past. I love to give others food that I have made. I just need to get better at it. No one likes food-poisoning!!!!! No, I have never given anyone food poisoning, but I have made some pretty mediocre cookies in my life.

Calling All Bakers

So I am calling all my friends for some major help

I have been asked to make 2 dozen cookies for the first grade cookie walk.

I need good recipes

I need helpful hints.

8 comments:

Lacy said...

Hey! Hope you won th egame tonight. I am a baker wanna be too so no hints here. I have a great southern living cookie recipe....call me. I love you friend!!!

Sada said...

oooo.......I depend on all of you for my great receipes, so I probably won't be much help. I'll taste test any time though :)

Lacy said...

Oh, I forgot to tell you I want to be your taste tester! I love you!

Lacie said...

Hey there.... I wouldn't mind being a taste tester either.. I love cookies! Darren is fine.. he had to get a staple in his head but he's good..a tough boy you know! Thanks for asking. :)

Lacie said...

OMG i clicked back over and your background was changed... too cute... where do you get those cute backgrounds?

Lacy said...

I tried that background and lost all my links!!! I see you did too. :( Cute though!

Carrie said...

What a great post! I love to bake! I'll have to do some homework for you! When do you need them? Off to my recipe box!

Sandel said...

Love your background tooo cute, looks just like you :)