Monday, May 19, 2008

My Perfect Saturday





This has been a banner year for blackberries. So I have been in serious picking mode. It is really one of my favorite things to do. It is my therapy. I am out in our pasture picking God's free gift. Every once in a while, one of the kids will come out and pick a few berries with me. They get tired and go back to the house, but I cherish those precious moments with them. Here is a shot of McKenna getting some pretty fat berries.
We still have a great many of them, so call me and I go out with you and pick some. You all are invited. I even have some good berry cobbler recipes to share. You have to buy your own Blue Bell, though. We covet ours!!!(just kidding, I'll share my blue bell)

6 comments:

ko said...

OH MY GOODNESS...MY FRIEND CINDY AND I HAV BEEN DYING TO PICK BERRIES THIS YEAR, BUT WE HAVENT COME ACROSS ANY...YOU ARE LUCKY MY FRIEND! WE DONT HAVE ANY AT THE FARM....THE PEST MAN SPRAYED THEM ALL!! :(
LOVE YOU
HAPPY PICKING!

Lacy said...

I still need to come back for more....mine are all gone:( Ilove your pro blogger pics! So sweet the things you treasure!

Sada said...

That is the life Alice! I love it! I think I'd be out there everyday. I promise, if I lived closer I would be there pickin'!!! yummy -- this is yet another reason country life is great! I miss you tons xoox

Sheree said...

We had soo much fun picking berries too! It was boys against girls...Jay even cheated the first day and stole half of our berries when we weren't looking so we got him back the next day. FUNNY! Alice...thank you for your call yesterday and thank you for always being there and being such A GREAT FRIEND! It helps to know that you can call on a friend when you might just need a listening ear. I really really truely appreciate you. You are sooooo wonderful! love you!!!

Sada said...

OK ALICE -- I NEED SOME UPDATES ON YOUR FAMILY!! HOW IS THE BUSINESS???

Sandel said...

Alice, we need some new pics!!!! :) Hope you are having a GREAT summer!!!!